Search the forum,

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me too!
But you look at the Bal Grout swatch, and the choice of colours is rather limited.

You only need one, gunmetal seems to work with everything at the moment.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Some of you lads who have been tiling for years must be really really really slow for this grout to set before you have finished .
I can grout, and have done easily over 50m2 of tiles with new 3000 without it going off, I can easily grout a full bathroom without it setting on my Todd .
It says on the packet ‘mix it up every 5 mins to keep it workable’ (or something like that :) .
Just on another note, the job we are on, my young plastering apprentice , 19, is grouting 3 bathrooms a day (60m2) to a very good standard , and has really only just started grouting on this hotel job last month , so all I’m saying , is work a bit harder, a 19 year old apprentice plasterer is taking the Mick out of some time served tilers , how embarrassing :p :p :p :p :kissingheart:

D

Dumbo

I'm finding I'm getting on better with ucp lately as I have changed my washing technique a little .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Emulsifying pads are a good idea ,be great on fast setting stuff .
Ive used them for a final wipe-down when dry, to get rid of dust, but never wet

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I
Some of you lads who have been tiling for years must be really really really slow for this grout to set before you have finished .
I can grout, and have done easily over 50m2 of tiles with new 3000 without it going off, I can easily grout a full bathroom without it setting on my Todd .
It says on the packet ‘mix it up every 5 mins to keep it workable’ (or something like that :) .
Just on another note, the job we are on, my young plastering apprentice , 19, is grouting 3 bathrooms a day (60m2) to a very good standard , and has really only just started grouting on this hotel job last month , so all I’m saying , is work a bit harder, a 19 year old apprentice plasterer is taking the Mick out of some time served tilers , how embarrassing :p :p :p :p :kissingheart:
WOW.....Wish I was as good as you....

And there's me thinking you were just a common plasterer.....:cool:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I

WOW.....Wish I was as good as you....

And there's me thinking you were just a common plasterer.....:cool:
Im not on about me andy to be honest, and i certainly aint bragging ,its the 19 year old lad who has only just started grouting doing 60m2 in a day , and being done by 3 ;) i find interesting . i find grouting boring snd want it over with asap, so the old tilemaster grout was a mare for me on porcelain

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im not on about me andy to be honest, and i certainly aint bragging ,its the 19 year old lad who has only just started grouting doing 60m2 in a day , and being done by 3 ;) i find interesting . i find grouting boring snd want it over with asap, so the old tilemaster grout was a mare for me on porcelain
And like I said......the new grout is great for porcelain, especially large format...

Now, go grout 50m2 of Metro's, ceramics or small textured planks.........then come back and say how great it is....

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen