Search the forum,

Discuss Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've used if on metros Andy and I found it fine, I grouted a full wall and then went back to wash off no problem. The two forumulas are not mixable so that would cause some confusion. Also there are 14 colours aren't there ? Nobody is gonna stock 24 different bags of grout

B

Bill

I used it again yesterday..... I just altered my working practice and instead of grouting a whole bathroom, I now do one wall at a time before I wash it off....... Oh and follow the instructions on remixing/stirring too.

H

hmtiling

Not used it yet but heard mixed reports from guys here. If it's faster than ucp then metros in summer will be an issue

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've used if on metros Andy and I found it fine, I grouted a full wall and then went back to wash off no problem. The two forumulas are not mixable so that would cause some confusion. Also there are 14 colours aren't there ? Nobody is gonna stock 24 different bags of grout
How big was the wall.....2ft X 2 ft...:)

D

Dumbo

I but bear with the rapid sets and mapei ucp in particular is if mixed as per instructions it's like a slurry but the transition period from that to very firm grout (un workable ) is very short . So you can on a cold day wait for ages for it to go and then all of a sudden it's game over .

W

WetSaw

I wouldn't worry about summer, you had one last year so you're unlikely to have one this year.

O

On one

I've used the old and the new formula Grout 3000 recently.......
Why anyone would want to muck about with the best/user friendly grout around defies me.
When the warm(er) weather arrives, it will get to the stage where you will have to mix numerous different batches per bathroom,because it sets in the bucket so fast(not so user friendly).....2mm joints on ceramics on a hot summers day...... forget it!
Also why this fascination with grout manufacturers wanting to make standard wall/floor grouts that will do from 1mm joints up to 20mm joints??.......a one bag covers all???.......
''For that reason, I'm out''

Reply to Tilemaster grout 3000 new formula in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen