Search the forum,

Discuss tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

Knifey_Spoony

Tilemaster 3000 is probably the worst grout i have used.We are using it on site and it is fine for floors but on the walls it just doesn't dry.I grout up 4 bathrooms before i go to wash it off and the joints are still as wet as when i put it on.Then after washing the water runs down the joints and gives it a rubbish finish.The mid grey can dry very patchy as well.Never had it with any other grout.

H

hmtiling

You guys who don't like 3000 because it's slow - are you working site or commercial? Reason I ask is because on domestic jobs I think it's the business. I admit it's slow though.
All commercial/domestic for me. I've had a couple of problems with very minute hairlines in it too on solid floors. Also, it sets a little soft compared to others. Having said that i've use it a fair bit without issue and it is very user friendly. I just prefer something a bit faster for 2nd washing and polishing.

K

Knifey_Spoony

You guys who don't like 3000 because it's slow - are you working site or commercial? Reason I ask is because on domestic jobs I think it's the business. I admit it's slow though.

Site work mate.No way would i want to use it on a domestic job.On site i tile Mon-Thurs then do all my grouting on Friday.That way,at the end of the day i give the grout a final go over before i go home.

If i was on a domestic job and only had 1 bathroom to grout am i going to have to hang around all day just to wait for it to dry?

Reply to tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen