Search the forum,

Discuss Tile water absorbtion experiment in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Canyondust

I believe I am asking yourselves questions and the information I have is from the suppliers.
I have no evidence or reason to doubt the information they have kindly provided, including how it's obtained. I have not objected to any manufacturer data unless you can show me otherwise.

My questions are based on the tests at the start of this thread, which showed the ceramic tile absorbed more water. The questions are why is this a problem?

I fail to see asking what issues you have come across is 'no it all'. Again it's just being offensive to a person wanting to understand where to pay more attention to in future. I do not see why wanting to improve an installation is such a problem.

No complication involved simply a wish to understand what the issues are with the results. A test that shows a possibility of more water absorption. Why is this a problem? Can these problems be mitigated ?

D

Dumbo

Here is one problem . If you have porous grout with a ceramic tile you can get shadowing around the edge of the tile . Wouldn't happen with porcelain .

Q

Qwerty

There you go again!!!!!

My questions are based on the tests at the start of this thread, which showed the ceramic tile absorbed more water. The questions are why is this a problem?

That is your question right there. I will create your thread shortly.

Reply to Tile water absorbtion experiment in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen