Search the forum,

Discuss Tile pens. Sorry to be boring but where can I find decent ones? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dingabell

Probably the most boring thread ever, but I can't find a decent tile pen anywhere. I used to have a retractable 'crayon' type one which was great but I have no idea where I got it. When I did a tiling course we used felt tip ones which I can't find anywhere either. Does anyone know where I can get some decent ones?

I

Ian

Sharpie pens are good, you'll be able to get those in loads of places, I'd imagine most supermarkets have them.

D

dingabell

Thought I'd get lots of abuse for being tragic.
Thanks guys. Will get some Sharpie pens tomorrow and give them a go.

D

dingabell

Maybe I'll just walk into WH Smiths with a tile and try some out . That should guarantee me some strange looks :) .

M

Mr Tiler

just use a pencil mate, be careful what tiles you use felt tips on as it can seep into the tile... pencil can too tbh but not as bad

I

Ian

just use a pencil mate, be careful what tiles you use felt tips on as it can seep into the tile... pencil can too tbh but not as bad

Pencil doesn't work on some glazed tiles so a pen or china graph crayon are necessary. Also on some dark tiles, a pencil mark is hard to see, so a coloured crayon is needed.

Reply to Tile pens. Sorry to be boring but where can I find decent ones? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen