Search the forum,

Discuss Tile lippage - shall I stop the work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I'm puzzled by that photo too. I thought the floor had been levelled but that looks like a fair bed of adhesive which I'm not convinced the trowel used to make those serrations would give.
And the fact that it’d been trowelled with no tile placed down. I wondered if that’s what it looked like after their removal! :eek:

R

ReX83

So, it took me some time to convince the builder that the problem were not to the tiles (he said they were not perfectly flat) or the floor (that was just leveled by the way).

Eventually another tiler came and all the tiles poorly installed were removed. Not a single tile was damaged in the removal process, so I wonder if they were glued properly. The new installation took some time but I am now very happy with the result (no lippage and uniform gaps of 3mm).

He also had to remove part of the self'-leveling compound (I could see the guy frustration when he looked at it - lol) because it was not leveled: it uniformly raised the floor.

That looks exactly like the tile which was installed in my brother in laws house. There may be lippage because plank tiles like that are known to bow. I've had problems with these in the past and have told customers about this and they've ordered different tile as a result. An easy way to check this is you turn the tile sideways, look down the tile the long way as if you were pointing a rifle and looking down its sights. If it looks like a banana, stay away from it.

Reply to Tile lippage - shall I stop the work? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen