Discuss Tile Levelling Systems in Bulk - Cheap Tile Levelling Systems in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Could you rig up some Delta boards and do a demo or get them to try them out? If you could get hold of a few bags of non-setting training adhesive and some bowed tiles, even better :)

Thats all been tried Paul, still get.......that will make the job longer ect.......think sometimes its fighting a loosing battle.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is never ending topic these days, but if dont wont to ise them then fine, its usually the older guys that have the biggest objection. Was having a discussion with a guy at the porcel thin day in rimgwood, he was anti them coming out with all the usual stuff about coverage and I don't need them I'm a good Tiler etc etc , but when I said there not there to take the error out of bad tiling they are there to take the error out of bad tiles, he seemed to twig a bit to what they are about

S

Stef

got to hold my hands up here........ive tried to get my regular fixers to look at levelling systems, but they just dont want to use them/think they are a pain in the a*se/think they will be too time consuming/think they wont get 100% coverage.
Too set in their ways Lee & wont see it as another tool in their arsenal..
Used correctly you will achieve near 100% coverage.

IMG_4177.JPG

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They are some of the above, a bit of a pain over using just spacers, more time consuming. Ideal on large formats imo, 60x60 and above. I see some people using them on all sorts of tiles, more clips than bloody tile
I'd agree to be honest but i haven't used any so perhaps not able to fairly comments. And that's what I'd say to them maybe.

Wonder if they'd do a trade day if you showed them?

K

Kevbos

I'd just say if the people making tiles made them flat .and people preparing substrates to tile on done the same .we would all achieve full 100 per cent coverage with a mosaic trowel

We can put things in space but can't make a flat tile ?

Bring back 6 inch bumpy white lol

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kevbos

I always get tiles out of box infront of customer now .put them face to face to show them the curve of the tiles they have bought .and tell them that is my tolerance of flatness .and if they want tiles laid random .brickfashion etc etc that tolerance increases .

B

Bill

I have been tiling for 35 years ish and I learned with sand and cement. Solid be is achievable with adhesive with or without clips.

I have used a few types apart from the PLM but all seem to do the same job (even the lash clips when used with enough adhesive) I don't always use the clips especially when the floor is flat and the tiles are flat.

I did try some of the Mustang clips that Andy Carroll is touting and those clips performed very well and were not expensive like the Raimondi clips.

I have also tried some from Bright Ideas as a test and even they were pretty good but they were the cheapest I have used. For porcelthin jobs I would use the Bright Ideas clips and for stuff 10mm thicker I would use the Mustang, if needed.

K

Kevbos

Also tiles that are rectified and don't have slight curves on edges just enhance the problem .

K

Kevbos

As with everything every ruler got their own methods .if tiles are bad or floor is I just place tile softly into bed lift it back up and add adhesive to anywhere on tile not touched with adhesive .Also just use golf ball trowel now on floors

J

J Sid

I have been tiling for 35 years ish and I learned with sand and cement. Solid be is achievable with adhesive with or without clips.

I have used a few types apart from the PLM but all seem to do the same job (even the lash clips when used with enough adhesive) I don't always use the clips especially when the floor is flat and the tiles are flat.

I did try some of the Mustang clips that Andy Carroll is touting and those clips performed very well and were not expensive like the Raimondi clips.

I have also tried some from Bright Ideas as a test and even they were pretty good but they were the cheapest I have used. For porcelthin jobs I would use the Bright Ideas clips and for stuff 10mm thicker I would use the Mustang, if needed.
the prices Andy gave me were 50% more expensive then RLS Tom

Reply to Tile Levelling Systems in Bulk - Cheap Tile Levelling Systems in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks