Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

No worries Jim, maybe I was a little hastey:thumbsup:How are the tiles finished at the moment? is it possible to maybe get a paint scraper through the edge and scrape some adhesive out so that a tile trim (with flange) will slide in behind the tiles? A photo of said corner would be helpful.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries Jim, maybe I was a little hastey:thumbsup:How are the tiles finished at the moment? is it possible to maybe get a paint scraper through the edge and scrape some adhesive out so that a tile trim (with flange) will slide in behind the tiles? A photo of said corner would be helpful.

That could be doable.

Failing that, perhaps cut the flange off a trim and silicone it to the edge? Not the best way to go about I admit.

The issue with cutting the flange off and sticking the trim to the tile, or scraping adhesive out the joint and forcing the trim in, is the fact that the tile really needs to be cut to allow for the 6, 9 or 12mm tile trim to sit right, else it'll just look like trim has been stuck on afterwards.

Though pulling off the last row of tile will bring some plasterboard with it, I still think I'd do that and makeup the plasterboard with plasterboard adhesive or something of that nature, and then cut the row of tiles down by 6 or 9mm or whatever, and re-fix the lot properly.

D

DHTiling

Hi Jim.

As mentioned above, you can get Listello trims in a 2.4 mtr length.. they tend to be around 10mm in depth if any good and you can get them in chrome finish also..

B

blueevo

Alan.P - The trim size would need to be 10mm wide max. If I could get an 8, I could silicon the inside edge to finish it off nicely. Thanks for the question.

MikeFiesta - That is exactly what I am after :)

Steware__SPM - The Listello trim seems to be near enough what I am after. It is a bit too tall, I was after something like a thim (adhesive) strip of ally or alike. Great find though, thank you.

Doug - Looks like I may be getting closer to the trim I want. I really do not want to start scraping behind the tile to slot in a tile edge (although I had considered this an option a short while ago). I have uploaded a couple of photies for people to view.

Dan - Cutting the flange was my fall back option, if I could not find an adhesive tile edge. I agree with the gapping issue if this was the route to go down.

Dave - Exactly - Just what I am after - I thought there would be something out there like this.

Thanks all, I'll let you know what I order over the next few days so we can close this thread off.

Distance view:

tile-distance.JPG

Close up:
tile-close.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jonnyfun

I did the same thing. I used a Bosch edge tool with a tile cutting attachment and easily buzzed a gap all the way around. Trim slid in beautiful. You wouldn’t know it was retro fitted.

Reply to Tile Edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen