Search the forum,

Discuss Tile cutting.... in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, i need to trim some 600x300 porcelin tiles, i need to take about 5mm max off of the 300 side....
Would a manual cutter do this?? Or best to use my wet cutter??

Only issue i have with the cutter is the bed isnt really wide enough to fully support the tile....

Any thougts or advice grestfully received...

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, i need to trim some 600x300 porcelin tiles, i need to take about 5mm max off of the 300 side....
Would a manual cutter do this?? Or best to use my wet cutter??

Only issue i have with the cutter is the bed isnt really wide enough to fully support the tile....

Any thougts or advice grestfully received...
If you have a grinder with good blade why don't you try scoring the tile with the cutter then carefully grind the edge ?finish off by using a diamond polishing block(
200 grit roughly)

Reaction score
Where did the op go? Anyhow, what grit polishing block do I need for making good porcelain tiles?
Do I need an adaptor to put diamond holesaw cutters onto a grinder or is m14 standard for a grinder?

Thank yoy

Reply to Tile cutting.... in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen