Search the forum,

Discuss Tile adhesives in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Hi Dave, thanks for replying, I manage a tiles and bathrooms depot and just trying to understand how much tilers value and understand the quality of tile adhesive in the tiling world today.
Some tilers will always buy the cheapest no matter how bad it is , but those that will buy quality will not pay over the odds for it , so do your research and see what is being sold for what in your area

Obviously something I have confidence in . But then a combination of price and how it handles . For instance I like isomat ak20 for wall tiling I cost a little more but because it doesn't fall off the trowel and end up on the floor it probably works out cheaper also I am a bit quicker using that , so get my money back 2 ways
Hi Jcr tiling, thanks alot for replying, have you ever tried any nicobond branded adhesive?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Hi Dave, thanks for replying, I manage a tiles and bathrooms depot and just trying to understand how much tilers value and understand the quality of tile adhesive in the tiling world today.

no problem , as long as no linking or sales to your shop as we have sponsors.

all 3 are equally as important as Boggs said, we will all happily pay extra for something we prefer to work with rather than the cheapest or we would all be in B&Q buying it. You can't go wrong with stocking Tilemaster adhesives/grouts, very favoured and at a reasonable cost
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply, I fully understand, have you tried any of our nicobond products?
[automerge]1578567318[/automerge]
Nicobond S2 is the worst adhesive I've ever used
Hi Julien, where do you base, and have you tried any other nicobond adhesive?
[automerge]1578567555[/automerge]
no problem , as long as no linking or sales to your shop as we have sponsors.
No probs Dave, this is just to gather understanding of what tilers think of the products for my own knowledge. Thanks for replying anyway.
Regards.

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

You seem to be thinking you have a good quality adhesive in nicobond .
Truth is in my opinion it's very average ,it does a job as do most adhevesives it, its not one you get people coming on here and saying have you tried this nicobond stuff it's really good blah blah blah .
In fact from your point of view it is probably one of the cheapest to buy so you won't be able to charge a premium for it claiming its really good stuff

Reply to Tile adhesives in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The Importance of Not Buying Cheap Tiling Tools - Pro Tiling Tools The Importance of Not Buying Cheap Tiling Tools Tiling is a popular home improvement project that can add value and aesthetic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are looking for a tiler for potential tiling work in the Suffolk and Essex area. We are also looking for anyone who is interested to do a tiling apprenticeship with us. Anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
I spend some time in doorways. TJ's Doorway Mosaics for McKenzie Shop Front
Replies
Views
  • Question
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement