Search the forum,

Discuss Threshold strip advice. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Whitey

Just wondering if someone could answer this for me please?

Having just had a minor leak in the family bathroom (no pun intended!!) I've scrapped the carpet in order to tile the floor.
The substrate is interlocking chipboard sheets, 18mm i think. Can i prep the existing floor with a primer? or do i have to overboard with something like 6mm cement boards?

Anyway my original question was if I overboard do tile to carpet threshold strips allow for the extra depth of overboard/adhesive/tile??

Apologies if this is a bit of a daft question (its amazing what you start thinking about when the mrs has the tv remote!!!)

I

Ian

A 'Z' bar will accommodate any height transition. The difference won't be as much as you think, the carpet + underlay will be a similar height to the cement board + tile.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As above.

Or, a transition bar, which is for floors of differing heights. About 15mm max I think.

R

Rookery

Z bar for me too. The time it gets tricky is when you've got thick tiles plus overboarding plus UFH.

T

Time's Ran Out

A 'Z' bar will accommodate any height transition. The difference won't be as much as you think, the carpet + underlay will be a similar height to the cement board + tile.

That sounds just like a real salesmans patter!

Reply to Threshold strip advice. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen