• Thread starter kaharrison9
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 3K
  • usa

Discuss Thoughts on the tx1200n? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi All
Am considering buying a TX1200n.
Have looked at previous posts and apart from the weight there seems to be a mixed range of views on how good a cutter it is.
One mentions the bars bend in the middle,another says not very good on large porcelain then others say fine.
I am using it on 1000x330-12mm thick ceramic
Do have the Tx700n which is a cracker.
Any thoughts on it's overall ability cutting large format tiles-porcelain/ceramic,differant thickness,if the tile breaks and the edge veers off etc.very much appreciated
Cheers all
Kev

S

smac74

What you need to ask yourself is - "how often do you fit tiles 1m long or more".. If its a lot, then buy one it will pay for its self.. Otherwise its a lot of money for nothing...
I rarely fit tiles that long over a 12 month period.. Biggest cutter i have is rubi's ts70plus, its a big clumbersome thing to cart around and spends most of its time at home in the shed.. I'd sooner hire one if i really needed to or just cut them on the wet cutter, not that many cuts in the average bath with tiles that long..

But thats only my opinion.. whether it matters or not!! :dizzy2:

Horses for courses i suppose..

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.!

D

doug boardley

I have one Kev, and I find it works well, but could do with getting a bit more use out of it:thumbsup:

K

kaharrison9

Do understand your point smac74 and do have a dilemma of should i buy or should i hire.
Possibly would consider buying and storing it in the garage for use when ever if i knew when required it certainly does the job required-reason for anybodies thoughts on tx1200
Cheers

Reply to Thoughts on the tx1200n? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay