Search the forum,

Discuss Thomas Peakes Victorian Tile Replacement/Restoration - HELP in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JL1

I am a newbie on the forum and wanted to ask a question about sourcing replacement tiles for our dining floor that we are trying to restore.

The tiles are mainly red and 'yellow' with a black border. Approximately 50% are cracked or chipped and need replacing. We have tried to source some replacement tiles, but the yellow colour we have seen is too light (buff colour) and on the replica side the depth of the floor tiles is about half and inch opposed to one inch for the originals - making it difficult to lay old and new together.

I have looked on the forum and am following up a few separate leads, but thought it was also worth posting a general post also. If anyone can point us in the right direction for sourcing Thomas Peake tiles that would be great.

I am sure there will be a number of follow up questions about restoring them if we can source the required amount.

Floor area is 20 square meters, so we need about 400 in total perhaps.

Thanks in advance

Cracked tiles.jpg

Dinning room floor.jpg

G

Gazzer

A reclamation yard in your area would be my first port of call .
It will all depend on if you want to maintain the original tiles and patch up what is needed or probably a cheaper route would be finding a similar more available tile and replacing the whole lot. You could maybe sell any good tiles from your original floor to off set the cost ???

J

JL1

Thanks for replying Sir Ramic. I have tried a few reclamation yards, but no joy so far. One had similar, but not the same.

Agree re getting a similar more available tile, that is our backup plan at the moment, so will keep my fingers crossed for a little longer in the hope something comes up, otherwise think we will have to go for the complete replacemention option - which is a shame.

Hopefully should be able to sell our ones though to help on the cost side.

Reply to Thomas Peakes Victorian Tile Replacement/Restoration - HELP in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen