• Thread starter Flintstone
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 19K
Search the forum,

Discuss The real difference between different wattage per m in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

There all suitable for timber floors John, there isn’t one that says not suitable for timber floors.

If you read his first reply -

There's different wattages for different floor finishes, bases and rooms.

100w/m2 mats are generally used only to give you a warm floor, these mats can be laid directly onto a timber base as they wouldn't cause it to warp. These can be used with any floor finish, however with a Wood or Carpet you'd need a 10mm Flexible SLC over the top.

160w/m2 mats are used for a primary heat source within a standard insulated room. (That's floor and wall insulation) These mats are the most popular as they offer a primary heating source without the need for any other heating source within the room. These are mainly used with tiles however can be used with Wood or Carpet restricting the floor temperature to 27 degrees.

200w/m2 mats are designed for high heat loss areas like a conservatory, these mats give off a higher output due to the cables being spaced closer onto the mesh.

So -
1) there are different mats for different floor bases.
2) a restriction (by householder) to 27 degrees with wood or carpet.
3). Cables placed closer on mat.

Which I believe is the context of my posts .
I assumed that the manufactures sold mats ‘ for concrete floors’ for that surface and a 6mm cement board doesn’t constitute a concrete floor in my humble opinion.

D

Dumbo

Wasn't it a case years ago one loose cable for every floor base . What's really changed ? Other than marketing

Reply to The real difference between different wattage per m in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen