• Thread starter Flintstone
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 19K
Search the forum,

Discuss The real difference between different wattage per m in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

What are your opinions on electric underfloor heating outputs? I always go for the 200w option. A few of the uncoupling systems seem to be 160w ish, I’m not sure why that is? The elektra one and the varme one spring to mind. I know warmup dcm pro can go up to about 230w. In a normal kitchen dinner environment or bathroom, is the difference in power really going to be noticeable, Thoughts?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always thought 200w was more for rooms with no other heating in them to heat the room rather than just the floor.
150w for rooms with radiators just to heat the tiles.

T

Time's Ran Out

It’s all to do with the substrate.
You should not be using a wattage over 120-140 for wood and 150-200 for concrete.

T

Time's Ran Out

Overheating the wood - risk of fire?
At CTD they always ask which do you want for wood or concrete.
Devi, Raychem, Thermonet all differentiate between the two substrates.
From what I understand the cables are arranged closer to each other for the higher output .

F

Flintstone

I wouldn’t advise anyone to install direct to wood. Always insulation before wires, so the heat won’t get to the wood! They all reach the same temp I think, just the time it takes to get there ?

F

Flintstone

DEVI 200w Mat

The new DTIF-200 is a high output mat with 200 Watts per m² which makes DEVI´s new heating mat a decisive winner, when it is speedy heating that counts.
Excellent when there is great demand for rapid response time and high output.
High output per m² resulting in instant warmth gives the DTIF-200 a number of possible uses:
• when renovating areas such as conservatories and cellars, which loose a large amount of heat
• in small bathrooms with a relatively small floor area compared to the size of the room
• with timer control
Areas of application and technical specifications

DTIF-200 is designed for installation in floor constructions of concrete or with tiles and where the heating element is installed close to the floor surface.

F

Flintstone

I think it means on concrete, or as long as it has tiles on top. You can use Lino and karndean over slc.

Reply to The real difference between different wattage per m in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen