Search the forum,

Discuss Terracotta floor tiles cleaning / sealing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have recently had a new kitchen put in. I was going to have a laminate floor put down, but after the builders removed two previous laminate floors, we found the original terracotta tile floor, which I much preferred to laminate. They cleaned it with some acid stuff, but the tiles still have marks on them and I guess they need vanishing or something to protect them? I’ve attached pictures showing the marks close up, what they look like dry and finally what they look like wet, which is what I’m after - the marks don’t show so much and they go better with my kitchen if they are a little darker and shinier.

There seems to be a bewildering range of tile cleaning and sealing products, could somebody recommend to best products and methods to achieve the results I’m after please? Thanks!

20200229_140748.jpg
20200229_140742.jpg
20200229_140937.jpg

Reply to Terracotta floor tiles cleaning / sealing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen