• Thread starter Concrete guy
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 11K
Search the forum,

Discuss TC-125 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

Unless the Rubi slim has undergone a massive upgrade, their rail system has only ever been effective on material like the 3.5mm laminam, even tho it states it cuts up to 6mm.
The latest literature I’ve read on the Rubi slim rail cutter says up to 8mm at the top of the page, 6m at the bottom. :)
I wouldn’t have thought it would fit on the festool runner @hmtiling Harry like it’s bigger brother TC180, the foot plate and rail look slimmer than the previous model.
If that’s what Rubi call dust extraction, there’d be no way you could use it internally if the building is occupied, you can barely see the guy thro the cloud of dust!
It has a massive overhang too by the looks of it, probably why it’s cantilevered with the suction cups, surely it would use the underslung clamps like the TC180?
But it’s hard to see everything in a sales video, so could be totally wrong, might be amazing!
But then when was the word ‘Amazing!’ Last used in the same sentence as Rubi! :D
True about the amazing shout mate. :)
Apparently this will cut 25mm.
Think I need a play with one.

O

Old Mod

Apparently this will cut 25mm.
Think I need a play with one.

Yeah I see that Harry, wasn’t making my self clear, sorry mate.
What I meant was if this is part of Rubi slim rail cutter set up, as a mechanical rail cutter it’s not all that, but if you’re looking at it for just the rail saw, then that’s different again.

H

hmtiling

Yeah I see that Harry, wasn’t making my self clear, sorry mate.
What I meant was if this is part of Rubi slim rail cutter set up, as a mechanical rail cutter it’s not all that, but if you’re looking at it for just the rail saw, then that’s different again.
Yep, just for the rail saw mate. I've got a flash line, which considering I've only used thin tile 3 times is adequate atm.

Reaction score
Since this thread has gone up has anyone purchased one of these and what are your thoughts? Can't see any reviews yet and am toying between buying this, the cs60 or the Dv700. I do landscaping so mainly cut 20mm porcelain and 40mm concrete slabs.

Any points would be greatly.appreciated.

H

hmtiling

Since this thread has gone up has anyone purchased one of these and what are your thoughts? Can't see any reviews yet and am toying between buying this, the cs60 or the Dv700. I do landscaping so mainly cut 20mm porcelain and 40mm concrete slabs.

Any points would be greatly.appreciated.
I bought one then quickly returned it.

H

hmtiling

Thanks for that, the Rubi DC-250 is starting to look appealing now!
I have a 1200 dc 250. Paid for itself many times over. I only use it for large stone jobs and 20mm porcelain though.
[automerge]1571243428[/automerge]
Next bench saw I buy won't be a rubi though. The build quality just isn't up to scratch. Possibly the montolit f1. Shouldn't need to buy another if I look after it.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I was just about to ask why the montolit but just watched the youtube sales vid and it looks insane! Have you had a chance to play with one of these?

Ps: if you selling you DC-250 theres a buyer here.

Reply to TC-125 in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen