Currently reading:
Tax Discs Being Phased Out

Discuss Tax Discs Being Phased Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is, my disc is valid until March 2015 so do I have to re-register that disc? I'm assuming not as that would cause insane amounts of extra work at the dvla for no reason, surely I just need to wait until it runs out and then do it the new way?

Will let you know when her indoors comes back from outdoors!!! [emoji1][emoji1]

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
One thing I can't seem to find the answer to is, my disc is valid until March 2015 so do I have to re-register that disc? I'm assuming not as that would cause insane amounts of extra work at the dvla for no reason, surely I just need to wait until it runs out and then do it the new way?

Yes. You will need to renew in the new way. The thing that annoys me most about this is that the new system means the tax is not transferable so when you sell your vehicle the tax automatically lapses and the new owners have to relax it straight away. Yet another stealth tax IMO...

Reply to Tax Discs Being Phased Out in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement