Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking normal plasterboard in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a job coming up to tile a bathroom which will have bath over shower (electric not power). Work has been done before me bath in etc. Walls are new unskimmmed plasterboard.

Liquid or membrane tanking should be fine I think. Tiles are within the weight limits for plasterboard.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use the Tilemaster tanking kit, you get the paste, joint tape and a pair of gloves.
Apply it with a roller or a shed/fence brush.

P

Perfect Tiling

I use the mapie aqua defence.....comes ready mixed and you just paint or roll on. Most of them are the same these days......I use this one as its the best price from my supplier

Reaction score
The Mapei kit bucket with mapegum, tape and primer is good and readily available in screwfix. I like the 2 part ardex one too but it’s not as user friendly.

W

Waluigi

Tilemaster is a better system than the Mapei IMO. Sticks better, is gritty, covers better and the tape is easier to apply/less likelihood of it creasing.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh ‘ello, you been on your holidays.:handpointup:

Reply to Tanking normal plasterboard in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen