Search the forum,

Discuss Suspended timber hall and bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a suspended timber floor. Joists are renewed, building all up again from the ground up so to speak. I plan to use pir 100mm insulation between joists and a vapour control membrane below the flooring. The flooring is to be tiled but unsure as yet the size/material of tiles. I want to get my stairs in so need a plan on flooring. It is Specced for 22mm moisture resistant chipboard like the rest of the rooms. I know using this I will need to overboard before tiling. Too complicate things there is a screed floor at the front door entrance and then changes to joists.

Is the chipboard my best flooring material or should I swap it for ply?

The joined has fitted the joists are normal, so I need to noggin it? If so what size timber and how often are noggings required? Joists are 5inch deep, do I need to use the same for noggins?

I can also use some joist material to put in a support to help with deflection if that would help?
[automerge]1603649109[/automerge]
Hi guys, I have a suspended timber floor. Joists are renewed, building all up again from the ground up so to speak. I plan to use pir 100mm insulation between joists and a vapour control membrane below the flooring. The flooring is to be tiled but unsure as yet the size/material of tiles. I want to get my stairs in so need a plan on flooring. It is Specced for 22mm moisture resistant chipboard like the rest of the rooms. I know using this I will need to overboard before tiling. Too complicate things there is a screed floor at the front door entrance and then changes to joists.

Is the chipboard my best flooring material or should I swap it for ply?

The joined has fitted the joists are normal, so I need to noggin it? If so what size timber and how often are noggings required? Joists are 5inch deep, do I need to use the same for noggins?

I can also use some joist material to put in a support to help with deflection if that would help?
[automerge]1603649318[/automerge]
OK Unsure how to upload pics? Gallery in mu phone says the pics are the wrong format

Last edited:
Reaction score
16040775004491771179038299533720.jpg

16040775358492359405765257430077.jpg

[automerge]1604077744[/automerge]

Attachments

• 16040777155628499139217395332873.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Suspended timber hall and bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen