Search the forum,

Discuss Straight edges in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Rubi battens (although I don't like them) and I use old levels as the straight ledge. I sometimes put blobs of silicone to stick them to the wall. I also use slithers of tile to stop them sagging in the middle.

S

Stef

I use a pack of cheap levels I picked up at ScrewFix, they are drilled about every 30/40mm & if I can't fix them with screws into timber studs then I use a glue gun to fix them.
Mark a datum line with my stabila or laser then fix levels unless I'm straight off the floor.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never use battons......if the tiles are not heavy then draw a line half way up the wall and tile down using a non slip adhesive.......With heavy tiles cut the first row in and tile up....I find it much quicker doing it this way

C

cone

Never use battons......if the tiles are not heavy then draw a line half way up the wall and tile down using a non slip adhesive.......With heavy tiles cut the first row in and tile up....I find it much quicker doing it this way

Non slip adhesive moves a slight touch does it not?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm curious why you have 'battened it out' when there's a perfectly level surface with the worktops?

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
12mm MDF sheet cut down free of charge by B&Q into battens sized at 40mm. paslode or screwed in. rapid set first row in remove batten and tile up over.

Reply to Straight edges in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen