Search the forum,

Discuss Stone restoration courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

Hi there, I am wanting to do a course in natural stone restoration/cleaning/polishing/chip and crack repairs/regrinding etc, for floors and countertops etc,
I want to add to the tiling services that i already offer, There is very few limited people that carry out this work in my area, and i would like to do a course that covers these aspects..

Does anyone know of a company that supply the training for me to be able to do this??

thanks steve..

E

enduro

There are several training centres offering these courses, and after further investigating i would not waste my money with them. I wont say there names on the forum. If you are serious about learning this trade there is only on place to go and train and that's in America.
But be prepared to invest in £10,000 plus in machinery to set up this type of work. There is only one person in the UK i would recommend for training but he will only train you if you have the money to invest. I will pm you his name and number. :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I have noticed that a few comps in the uk only do restoration type courses to push thier brand of sealers,so IMHO is not the best way to go.

Independent training with loads of products and techniques would be better because then the course is not centered around one particular brand.

Enduro is right in a way about american training as they have done these type of courses for years and here in the uk , stone restoration in the domestic tile market isn't that big..but seen as stone is more and more popular now than it was in previous years then the market is ready for courses of this nature.

E

enduro

One of the courses in the Uk is a one day course costing £450.00 plus vat, there is no way you can learn this trade in one day. Its a joke :lol:

P

peckers

There are several training centres offering these courses, and after further investigating i would not waste my money with them. I wont say there names on the forum. If you are serious about learning this trade there is only on place to go and train and that's in America.
But be prepared to invest in £10,000 plus in machinery to set up this type of work. There is only one person in the UK i would recommend for training but he will only train you if you have the money to invest. I will pm you his name and number. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:, I am currently looking at a few courses offered on the internet in the uk, but what they cover looks more like a taster course to see if you like it to me. and i am struggling to find a course that offers a full course. I am still researching this area to see what the returns are likely to be, as said before there are very few people that advertise this type of work in this part of the uk, either on the internet or yellow pages etc.
I was also wondering if where you purchased the machinery from may be able to supply training in how to use there equipment as it is such a big outlay?
looking forward to the pm, thanks...

W

White Room

One of the courses in the Uk is a one day course costing £450.00 plus vat, there is no way you can learn this trade in one day. Its a joke :lol:

Looked at that website and thought the same, going in and cleaning, polishing, grinding someone's favorite marble, not going to happen.:thumbsdown:

Maybe good any honing on natural stone corners and smaller bits but thats it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
my advice would be to work with a stonemason , but go for the old school teachings , trouble is there aint many left . good luck dont give up
regards
marbleman

Reply to Stone restoration courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen