Search the forum,

Discuss Steam on new kitchen tiles. Cleaning wall tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Graham Franklin

Could anybody help with a cleaning issue we are having with our brand new kitchen wall tiles.
They are a high gloss black with light grey grout which surround the worktops and hob.
We are encountering water/steam staining every time we use the microwave/hob.
Could anybody recommend a quality cleaning product to clean and prevent/protect the wall tiles
to eleviate this problem.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

G

Graham Franklin

Dave, they are ceramic high gloss, I think they are called mirifiori.
Just wondered if there is a good product out there which could help.
I could send you a photo if you sent e mail address?
Cheers, Graham.

G

Graham Franklin

graham do you mean that the tiles are simply being hazed with steam which is removable with a wipe?

Yes that's true, wondered if there was any good household cleaning product I could use regularly to minimise the impact of the steam and therefore keep the tiles shining and in good asthetic condition.

Cheers.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Good ventilation and extraction is the best prevention.

Though just wiping them often with even just water and then a dry cloth afterwards is best once they're condensed.

If it's staining grout, get a grout protector. Though the surface of the tiles wont stain it'll be lime/limescale if anything making the glossy chine go I'd guess.

Reply to Steam on new kitchen tiles. Cleaning wall tiles. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen