Search the forum,

Discuss Started new business but attracted no customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Hi Chaps, I started up my tiling business in March but even though I advertised as much as poss and fit on Yell dot com.. I've only had 3 people interested, so I've taken a job at the train station and ditched the tiling. Is it really quiet in Dorset and Wiltshire or is there something better I could do if I decided to try again Many thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

This is the best job in the world but I wouldn’t want to be starting off now!
There are so many ‘tilers’ out there, so many cheap nasty tiles and so many regulations, that the culture for anyone can do that becomes the norm - until they do it!
Just glad I don’t have a mortgage , can get regular work, and know my pension is safe.
Steve - enjoy whatever you do.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Go out and knock on doors, visit building sites, call housebuilders, leave your cards in chip shops post officers and tile shops, speak to conservatory suppliers and kitchen fitters and bathroom outlets. Knock up some leaflets abd drop them through letterboxes. There are so many things to do to get a new business going. Just advertising and yell.com won't get You going

A

AlexJones

If your based near Bristol I have a job which is adding brick slips to a house - for some reason struggling to find tilers who will do brick slips in the Bristol area o_O

F

Flintstone

Good advice from the chaps above, my advice is know your limits, don’t take on anything your not capable of yet. Make a good job of every job as reputation is what will carry you through.
Tell us your experience level ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Started new business but attracted no customers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen