Search the forum,

Discuss Start up set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cjbombero

I'm in the process of starting my own tiling business (when I say "business" I mean me and a van!) and obviously one of my initial outlays will be for tools. I have had a good look at BuyBrandTools for Rubi, just wandered if anyone could suggest another site/brand to compare quality and prices? I wan't to get good quality tools that are durable and most importantly help me do the job to a high standard.

Also if any of you guys have any tools which I should really get and will probably not think of please let me know.

Finally (and this will surely open a big can of worms) Washboy's....worth getting or stick with the traditional route? My business plan is purely focussing on small domestic work (if that makes any difference to your responce)

Thanks for the input:yes:

C

CTD Marie

Hello there.

I work for CTD and we sell some tools.

I work in the contact centre 0800 783 7007.

If you are starting out in business you could open an account with us and recieve some discount.

If you would like me to find your nearest branch and see what kinda tools they have in the showroom please just send me your post code.

Cheers.

D

DRC600

I am also in the process of setting up as a tiler and have just gone through the arduous process of trawling the internet for the best price etc for tools and equipment.

I found that it is nigh on impossible to get all your tools from one source however I did find one supplier who was able to provide 95% of my requirements from stock and at a very competitive price so I would suggest that you look at http://www.**********.com/ 01455 230 555 speak to David Neave, he has bags of advice and all the tools you need to start.

If you can get them all in one place you could be saving loads in delivery costs alone and as a wise man once said watch the pennies........ Never more important than when you first start up.

Oh and they were delivered next day..Most Excellent.

My final thought, go for the best quality tools you can afford look after them and they will last for years.

From one Newby to another Good Luck.

The company name has been blocked by the bosses so I will PM it to you if you wish, if not give him a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cjbombero

Thanks DRC, if you could PM the web address that would be really useful. It's always good to see that i'm not the only person spending ages trying to work out my next step! As you rightly say getting quality tols for any job is always a sound investment.

Thanks again

Reply to Start up set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen