Search the forum,

Discuss Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I would go with the customer on this one!
As I can see the joins and straight lines in various areas I'd at least try to blend a grout line into the wider 'gap' areas!
I wouldn't advocate grouting the whole lot but I certainly wouldn't leave it so obvious that they are sheets or pieces.
Test an area of similar colour grout to the background on an unobtrusive area and see how easy it comes off before sealing again.

T

Time's Ran Out

I would go with the customer on this one!
As you've used wedges I can see the joins and straight lines in various areas I'd at least try to blend a grout line into the wider 'gap' areas!
I wouldn't advocate grouting the whole lot but I certainly wouldn't leave it so obvious that they are sheets or pieces.
Test an area of similar colour grout to the background on an unobtrusive area and see how easy it comes off before sealing again.

As I feel so strong about this I've posted it twice :thumbsdown:
Or now 3 times - I give up!

S

Spare Tool

Sorry to hijack the thread but same tiles so saves starting a new one.
I've just been to see a chimney breast, all three sides customer wants tiling with these...
So what's the best way of going about finishing the 90degree external angle, do you lock them together, mitre, or just over lap the sides/front and wet cut straight?

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

We've got 4 feature panels to do and I suggested mitring them - apparently that's what won us the job!

R

Russell brown

I'm starting a chimney Breast next week, wet cut mitres all the way. The only issue I'm having is how I finish the under side of the lintel, I'm toying with the idea of cutting down a polished black porcelain tile to hide the concrete?.

J

J Sid

Andy, maybe stating the obvious for you, but when doing the wet cut mitre you need to use the off cut for the corner return. Cut a 45 mitre on this so the slips/ pattern follows round the wall.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

image.jpg I grouted this slate mosiac

Reply to Split Face Stone Feature Wall. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen