Search the forum,

Discuss Spacer question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stealth

I've bought some ceramic wall/floor tiles that I'm going to fix in the next day or so.

I want the grout lines to match from the floor to the wall so that the tiles and lines are in alignment. .... Now reading through past threads, wall spacers tend to be 2/3mm and floor 5mm.

As I can only use one size of spacer what would be the best one to opt for?

I was thinking of 3mm all round as a happy medium?

Ideas anyone?

D

DHTiling

You might find that the matching floor tiles might be slightly smaller.....if not then use the same size joint on both...3mm is fine.:thumbsup:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
and dont forget - lay the floor first as you can use the lines to set the walls out... just make sure when setting the floor out that you look at the walls for any nasty cuts or slithers - avoid if at all possible!

S

Stealth

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll be ok when I get going.

I've done all the prep which has taken a LOT longer than I thought!!! The build quality in my house (20 years old) leaves a lot to be desired - not a square wall or floor in the whole gaff - everything is seriously on the slant (and no, I haven't got subsidence!).....just poor workmanship on the original build........

...Anyway, now I'm ready to start tiling Im quite relieved.

Reply to Spacer question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen