Search the forum,

Discuss Space around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m about to fit a new walk in shower and have stripped the existing bathroom. The room is 1530 wide by 2100mm long. I intend to fit a 1500 wide shower tray at one end of the room, however, I need to deal with the 30mm of extra space. I can make up the extra 30mm in waterproof backerboard around the tray area, however, this is going to leave a visible edge which could be around 25mm once tiles and adhesive have been installed.

Would a 25mm edge look bad? Is there anything to cover the edge like a large tile trim edge? Are there any other options other than building out the entire length of the wall by 30mm?

Thanks.

Reply to Space around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen