Search the forum,

Discuss someone double check my plan for the next week please ;D in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilfredolimb

OK,
UFH is glued down and planning to do self levelling compound and tile shortly after.

The area is roughly 6m2 and includes walkin shower which im putting UFH in also

Is the plan below ok?

1. use studs to block areas
2. use 3 bags of FIBREPLAN pour and level using TROWEL about the same height as UFH cables (2-3mm)
3. Leave to dry
4. use BAL RAPIDSET FLEXIBLE ADHESIVE mixed with MAPEI LATEX PLUS over UFH in walkin shower bit and smooth to falls using TROWEL
5. leave to dry
6. Everything dry, use more BAL RAPIDSET FLEXIBLE ADHESIVE for porcelin tiles

any thing im missing or got wrong here guys?

Thanks for help

O

Olz

Are you using a shower former or just making the falls yourself.

Dont mix bal and mapei, either use bal and admix or mapei and latex plus.

Mapei is cheaper and better than bal IMHO, my reccomendation would be to stick to mapei mate.

Apart from that sounds good, whats the substrate? The fibreplan is great, wont take any trowelling to level, three bags sounds about right.

W

wilfredolimb

Are you using a shower former or just making the falls yourself.

Dont mix bal and mapei, either use bal and admix or mapei and latex plus.

Mapei is cheaper and better than bal, my reccomendation would be to stick to mapei mate.

Apart from that sounds good, whats the substrate? The fibreplan is great, wont take any trowelling to level, three bags sounds about right.

Hi Oli, thanks for fast response,

Yes it is a former, tuff2 from wetdecs

ok i'll get admix, niceone!

by substrate u mean what the mat is on? its on no more ply...which i think is wrong? i heard i should've used aqua panel? but too late now ><

cheers mate

O

Olz

Ive never used no more ply to be honest, i though it was a cement sheet like hardibacker, I cant see any issue with using it under UFH, infact the website suggests its ok.

Mapei addy will be cheaper than Bal Rapid SPF

B

bert&ernie

Hi ya,

i would suggest using a cable monitor for the ufh to ensure that nothing happens to the cables

S

Superally

2-3mm of fibreplan in my experience is not enough. You will still have exposed wires. When you lay the mat down bits of it will stick up so use small strips of duck tape to hold down. I found that the glue gun approach took too long. Glue takes a while to hold. You will always need more SLC than you think and it flows pretty easily, so make sure you have enough and maybe keep a bag spare. Last thing you want is to get to the last corner and run out. Good luck.....it gets pretty exciting when pouring.

Reply to someone double check my plan for the next week please ;D in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen