Search the forum,

Discuss Solution for suspended floor with chipboard Wet UFH? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a concrete subfloor, and the kitchen area has a new suspended floor.

We have bought the chipboard panel based wet UFH already. The builder has planned for 20mm before the finished floor level, thinking that I want engineered flooring, but I had mentioned that we want inside outside tiles (10mm/20mm). The UFH hasn't been put down yet.

He says it's "not possible" to lay tile on the chipboard.

I spoke to the UFH supplier, they said that 6mm ply and then ditra mat is required. This adds up to 6mm + 3mm (ditra)+ 10mm (tile), which is only 1mm less than the FFL. This doesn't leave much room for glue.

I was wondering
a. if the above info is entirely correct, and
b. if there is a waterproof, heat conducting tile backing board that could be used instead of ply+ditra more cost effectively.
c. if there is a better solution!

thanks

Reply to Solution for suspended floor with chipboard Wet UFH? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen