Search the forum,

Discuss Sole Trader Or Ltd in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

woodley67

Just about to start out on my own, quick question is it best to go down the Sole Trader or LTD route?

Thanks Guys

Q

Qwerty

As above. Leave it a year and see how you get on. Many of us here are sole traders but I am looking at the Ltd route

J

Just Rizzle

get your self a accountant he will be best to advise you on this but if you not VAT registered then prob stick with sole trader then see how it goes good luck

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Going ltd doesn't become viable until your turning over around the late 40- 50k mark, according to my accountant anyway. That said there are pro's and cons to both, too many to list here. Best advise i could give you would be to get yourself a good accountant, then throw all your questions at him.

C

Concrete guy

I'd suggest the VAT threshold is a good indicator of when it's worth going Ltd. Currently mid £80K's in a 12 month rolling period.

Reply to Sole Trader Or Ltd in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen