Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

I can answer this before the day has even ended. Bad day, so far, won't get any better, air-con packed up and our office is under a tin roof, got a puncture on the way to work, forgot my lunch, burnt a hole in my shirt during my *** break and the QC department at BCT is either non-existent or run by completely blind fcukin' morons!

G

GoneGuy

I can answer this before the day has even ended. Bad day, so far, won't get any better, air-con packed up and our office is under a tin roof, got a puncture on the way to work, forgot my lunch, burnt a hole in my shirt during my *** break and the QC department at BCT is either non-existent or run by completely blind fcukin' morons!
Get a few cold beers on your way home might help your day

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Smashed it today - twin niches battened and cement boarded. Wonky indow wall dot and dabbed with PB. Shower tray fixed and plumbed, bath fixed and plumbed and floor latexed on my way out.

O

One Day

Finishing off some skirting tiles to cover lead flashing on a roof terrace I tiled last year.
Started this morning in full sun, by 2pm I was done for.
The terrace is surrounded by glass so it was like working on the sun.
Sweat was dropping off my head and hitting the tiles and pretty much boiling away in a few seconds. Banging heat-headache but I'm off to bed...

I like it hot but...

B

Blunt Tool

IMG_0398.jpg Wasn't that hot today!

W

WetSaw

Great day yesterday, the client I'm tiling a pool for informs me that whilst watering his garden he managed to pull the hosepipe which knocked the metal cased socket set (which he'd used for removing the pool light and left on the coping) into the pool chipping/breaking a load of tiles...

M

Matt Bott

Turned up to 13m bathroom I quoted with avg size ceramics to be informed of a change to 300x600 porcs and a mosaic border , walls are dog happy days
Oh and 13m so he ordered 13 m of tiles lol and 30cm short on mosaics pfff

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blunt Tool

Spent the day carrying the bags around shops, buying my lovely wife lots of prezzies as it's her birthday next month ( she is going to be a bullseye shhhhh!) I seemingly bought her 2 really nice cards with exquisite words, apparently clothes and seemingly I am so thoughtful that I even knew she would like the clothes in 2 sizes AND 4 different colours!!!

B

Blunt Tool

IMG_0505.JPG IMG_0507.JPG IMG_0509.JPG IMG_0511.JPG Skint and penniless! Used all my money on grout for these tiles!! How many 5kgs bags of Bal microban gunmetal do you reckon it took to do the shower enclosure? 2.8m x 0.9m x two walls? The splashback took a 5kg bag of Mapei ultra mud!

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay