Search the forum,

Discuss snapping porcelain on a ruby ts without chipping in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

protilers

have any of you guys found that when you score and snap porceliain large format tiles they can chip under the breaker or not snap straight.......happens to us all right?

i have found that if this is happening with any perticular tile i just move the score line to the edge of the ruby bed and stamp on the middle of thr tile instead of using the breaker.....i have a much better success rate this way.....
do you have any hints and tips?

D

DHTiling

I wouldn't recommend peeps to stamp on tiles myself...:lol: ..

Anyway i have had probs with the ts breaking hard porcelain but i bought the TX700n and this does the job no probs at all.....

P

protilers

i use a ts60 plus.....its a great robust tool........stamp on em....in the old days we snapped tiles over our scribes....hehe
----
dont get me wrong the tx has a sliding arm that means you can snap tiles in the middle.....this was a tip for the neewbs that have gone an purchased a run of the mill ts

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Sometimes they will break cleanly if you pull the snapper quickly... or just give them a sharp tap over the scoring handle works as well..make sure you wear gloves if breaking them this way......don,t want to get cut do we....

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I sometimes whack them over my knee:whatchutalkingabout but only if the odd one

Or over the TX+ rails at the end of cutter

P

protilers

hey a tilers hands are his biggest asset......anyone know a one armed tiler......
thats why i said use your feet..........
----
p.s and so are our knees........

cjs been a naughty boy! :lol:

W

White Room

I know of a one armed tiler and a clay shooter and are both very good.

S

sWe

In my experience, uneven scoring tends to be the culprit when tiles won't snap properly. This is especially true when dealing with extra hard large format tiles. Switching the scoring wheel to a new one, and lubricating the guiding rod(s), usually remedies the problem.

Reply to snapping porcelain on a ruby ts without chipping in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen