Discuss Small (very Small!) Wetroom in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Colour Republic

Here's a little one we did earlier this year. All designed, supplied and installed by us.

This was part of a complete property refurbishment we did and is a small 1 bed holiday let apartment on Brighton seafront. The place was in a pretty bad state as it had been let to hosing association tenants who had clearly had some big dogs in there and the place was crawling with fleas when we started and I mean alive with them!

We finished it around July but are going back to finish some bits off as we didn't have enough time before the first summer time holiday makers turned up. So in the bathroom we are adding a some 10mm glass around the shower area to deflect water and also some 10mm glass floating shelves above the built-in washing machine. To be honest the wetroom works fine without the glass as we gently sloped the whole floor towards the former but as it's a holiday let you just don't how sensible people will be.

You may notice the shower riser has been set quite low and this is deliberate. We want to encourage people to use the ceiling shower rose as the spread of water is much more controllable in such a small room. However i'm aware that some ladies like the option of not washing their hair every time they have a shower so I included a hand held shower so they don't have to. It also make it easier for the cleaners to rinse down on change over days.

The grout on the floor looks patchy in places but it's not. it just needs a good clean around the shower tray to remove soap scum.

Lastly the wall tiles look cream but are in fact a matt white, It's amazing just how cream they have come out in the pics really as the difference in shade between the suite and the tiles is no where near that much in real life.

Wetroom floor and former was Marmox
Walls were new plasterboard then tanked with Dural Durabase WP
Suite, shower and taps were mainly Hudson Read
Tiles are Porcelanosa
Adhesive was BAL (can't remember which one now) Grout was Tilemaster 3000.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

As I say it was part of a complete refurbishment so thought I might as well chuck in some of the main living area.

Again it wasn't completed 100% back in July so still a few things to add to it. Mainly some finishing panels to the kitchen area (I've removed some in the pics because i've started work again). The worktops were temporary black laminate but is getting swapped out for white Corian and the mezzanine area is having glass balustrades around it.

Again all designed, supplied and installed by us. Only thing we didn't spec was the sofa but I think they made a pretty good choice on that as that's my kinda style.:)

BEFORE & AFTERS

as I say this is where the glass balastrade will go, so will look quite flash once completed...

T

Tile Shop

That wetroom, despite being tiny, you've done a great job of making it look pretty spacious to me..... Like it..... Alot...... Do you mind me asking which tiles they are?

C

Colour Republic

Washing machine in a wetroom.....

It's in a safe zone as it has been built in, it's of course RCD protected, in fact we rewired most of the property. In addition you may notice it's been raised on a plinth, in fact I didn't even need to do that but did for my own piece of mind.

So it does all meet regs and all been signed off. Sadly there was no where else for it, well there was but it would have look awful and been detrimental to the other rooms ;)

C

Colour Republic

That wetroom, despite being tiny, you've done a great job of making it look pretty spacious to me..... Like it..... Alot...... Do you mind me asking which tiles they are?

Tiles were Porcelanosa Jersey Nieve 316x900 and Jersey Mix 200x316

I like the sink unit and light fittings too - were these from Porcenalosa too by any chance ?

No the sink was Hudson Reed's 'Seven' basin. It's a composite and isn't too expensive at all, retails for between £250-300. Illuminated mirror was Hudson Reed to, although I hung it portrait where it is supposed to be landscape, but I wanted a very specific size and that was one of the only ones I could find in that style so adapted it slightly. Again not expensive but has IR light switch and has demisted pads installed.

Reply to Small (very Small!) Wetroom in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks