Search the forum,

Discuss slc over parkay flooring need advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

hi all just been out to price up a hallway which is a total of 8m2.
the hallway is to be tiled in gulf stone 300 x 300 tiles in white and black layed in a chess board pattern.
the customers have lived in the house since january and are in the process of renovating.
The main problem that i have is the kitchen floor. it has been tiled, then it has been tiled over the tiles and then it has had laminate laid over the top.
this has created a step of over 1 and a 1/2 inches from the hall to kitchen height.
they are not in a position to renovate the kitchen yet.
the hallway floor is carpeted with a parkay floor underneath. this has been fitted over an ashphalt floor. they have already done the living room which is one of the doors running off the hallway so height is an issue.
what they want is for me to keep the level in the hallway the same as the height in the living room.
what i want to know is.....is there a slc that can be applyed over the parkay floor to give a good tiling surface for these tiles.
they are happy to have a step into the kitchen as they will be dropping the level in the future but do not want the parkay taking up as they feel it will create to big a step and through out the living room. any advice will be gratefully received.
thanks
chris

Reply to slc over parkay flooring need advice. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.