Search the forum,

Discuss Slate tiles onto screeded floor with wet UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pm.services

Can anyone help with the following.
I intend to buy 85sqm of 800 x 400 10/12mm thick brazilian slate tiles to be laid onto a screed floor that has wet UFH installed. 20 sqm of the above is to laid outside to form a patio.

We have had a set of sliding doors fitted and the threshold is now 15mm higher than we originally planned we are now at 35mm. We were hoping to create a seamless transition from inside to out.

Can we lay the slates on a sand a cement bed if not has anyone any suggestion on how we can lay the slates.

Thanks

P

palmers_tiling

Hi,
I done a job at chistmas time with Brazilian slate. There was a big dip in the centre of the floor and I was able to build up the bed in the middle part of the floor with rapid adhesive.

I wouldn't think you would have any probs building up your extra 15mm like this (although the draw back is using more adhesive).

Alternatively, you could use a self level compound to build up the floor level (self level compound not cheap - you could do half self level n half bed build). Look on the bright side at least you should have a lovely flat floor when it's done.

Good luck

Charlie:8:

Reply to Slate tiles onto screeded floor with wet UFH in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen