Discuss slate mosaic - grout going brown in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grovetile

Hi
Has anyone come across this?
I cleaned and sealed the mosaic first with Lithofin. Then stuck them up with BAL single part flex.

But now the white grout (BAL) seems to be going brown around the mosaic.

Disaster...

can anyone help?

thanks

G

grovetile

moz-screenshot.jpg

There's photo of them

T

Time's Ran Out

In which location has the Slate Mosaic been used - Shower/kitchen splashback/patio/plant pot....:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

G

grovetile

for a couple of borders in a bathroom. It's going brown while it's being put on...

R

Rob Z

Grovetile,

This happened to us about 6 years ago with some slate that seemed to be of good quality. We sealed it 3X before grouting with epoxy...everything seemed OK until we started striking the grout with the float, and then the damn stuff was coming off the surface and edges of the tiles.:mad2: We lost a lot of time on that one...spent hours trying to make it right. The customer was happy with the finished product but I swore I would be much more cautious about slate after that. A buddy of mine has been having the same problems lately and it seems this stuff is coming from India and China. When I first started in the trade I don't recallany problems with slate, but now-a-days I think there is a lot of junk on the market.:(

R

Rob Z

Grove, we just kept cleaning until it was acceptable to the customer. I never was happy, but she had supplied the slate so I couldn't demand to tear it out and start over. :mad2: I think with all our cleaning we eventaully drug out all the crud and got down to solid stone.

Reply to slate mosaic - grout going brown in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay