Discuss skirtingboard grout line - finishing for expansion and neatness? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

Floor tiling up to the face of skirtingboards that you cant or are not allowed to remove … how do you like to finish that final ‘grouting’ line? (grout, calk, silicone?). thx, Stan

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Silicone, it's for expansion and sealing rather than aesthetics. Having said that, it needs to look right, a bad silicone finish can ruin a good job.

G

garretridge

silicone for me grout cracks and looks awfull after a while especially on wooden floors were expansion ocurrs!:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

I just grout it with the same colour as the floor.
Silicone doesn't take paint - by others.
Decorators chaulk should be used to fill any cracking that will occur and shoild be applied by the decorator - its not my job!

Timeless John.

H

hillhead

I grout too with the same as floor,mapei ultracolour is flexible !! but it very rare i don't have the skirting off.It's mostly new builds i get so i'm in before second fix joinery.

Reply to skirtingboard grout line - finishing for expansion and neatness? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley