Search the forum,

Discuss Size of notched trowel for 300x600mm uncalibrated slate? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello, newbie here once again, trying to determine the best size of notched trowel for spreading adhesive for 300x600mm uncalibrated slate on our floor? Will be laying on a new concrete screed. Thanks for the help :)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hello, newbie here once again, trying to determine the best size of notched trowel for spreading adhesive for 300x600mm uncalibrated slate on our floor? Will be laying on a new concrete screed. Thanks for the help :)
Morning, 12mm and back butter the slate for a good solid bed. The slate might be fairly dusty from manufacturing process, so a wash of the backs to remove contamination might be required. Don’t forget to work with the thickest pieces first and the thinner last.
Have you checked the screed is cured sufficiently etc.

Reaction score
Morning, 12mm and back butter the slate for a good solid bed. The slate might be fairly dusty from manufacturing process, so a wash of the backs to remove contamination might be required. Don’t forget to work with the thickest pieces first and the thinner last.
Have you checked the screed is cured sufficiently etc.
Thanks again, Dave! Yes the screed was poured in October. Even in this colder climate (Hebrides, Scotland) surely it is cured by now!

Reply to Size of notched trowel for 300x600mm uncalibrated slate? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen