Search the forum,

Discuss silicon/grout seperation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dannib

Thanks for the replies Andy
I will try those and ensure bone dry before silicon.

I was thinking if I could prevent the bottom inch or so from getting moist, that this would prevent reoccurrence.
Do you know if there is any product (spray or paint-on) which would seal (temp or permanently) that area of tile/grout to prevent moisture absorbing into that vulnerable area.

Reply to silicon/grout seperation in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement