Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Now I've been using sigma cutters ever since I got into this trade , and the 6 cutters I own are all pull and scribe versions! Am looking to purchase one of the push to scribe set ups , though am a bit sceptical of getting used to it! Anyone else made the switch over and how do you's find it ! Cheers

S

Stef

I changed from Rudi to Sigma & had a play around with a Pull cut Sigma before I purchased one.
I just wasn't suited to pulling!! [emoji6]
I've 2 push cuts & thing they are the mutts.

S

Spare Tool

Ive borrowed Widlers 1200 sigma withe the klick klok system for the last couple of weeks, it's an awesome bit of kit, a beast to carry about but it's pure quality and cuts 1000x500 rough faced porcelaine like a knife through butter, even takes a 20mm cut off the 1000 edge no problem. Iwas a big Rubin fan till I bought one of the new TP cutters, which is bugged up as their new porcelain cutter but unfortunately it struggles to cut anything more than 8mm glossy porcelain and give it a rough faced tile and no matter how many times you scribe it won't break them properly, tried steady pressure and quick snap and it just won't do the job. Going to invest in a new set of sigmas over this year..I am converted!!

S

Stef

Ive borrowed Widlers 1200 sigma withe the klick klok system for the last couple of weeks, it's an awesome bit of kit, a beast to carry about but it's pure quality and cuts 1000x500 rough faced porcelaine like a knife through butter, even takes a 20mm cut off the 1000 edge no problem. Iwas a big Rubin fan till I bought one of the new TP cutters, which is bugged up as their new porcelain cutter but unfortunately it struggles to cut anything more than 8mm glossy porcelain and give it a rough faced tile and no matter how many times you scribe it won't break them properly, tried steady pressure and quick snap and it just won't do the job. Going to invest in a new set of sigmas over this year..I am converted!!

Another convert.
The Sigmas are just a cut above the Rubis, excuse the pun!!! [emoji6]

W

White Room

I bought a Sigma 1200 but had to get the max because no one had the klick klock as even TT had sold out of both at the time, the max for me...

Reply to Sigma in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen