Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma Video in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Dont blink, but see how easy it is and how quick handles can be changed !!!
[video=youtube;tcoyp_SvY8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoyp_SvY8M[/video]

G

Gazzer

Or .....[video=youtube;OWfQmplnNZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWfQmplnNZY[/video]

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Been watching these vids all week. Got my 3c2m yesterday and will post a review when I get to use it. However, I would like to say that the manual that comes with the cutter is not worth looking at. These vids are a must if you want to learn how to put the machine together and operate it. Saying that, the demonstrator on the vid does an annoying thing where he 'pull' scribes the tile first (about 5-10mm scribe), then he 'push' scribes it. Then he does some fancy trickery to knock the breaker bar into and out of breaker mode. There is a slower version of the video available for people that have 10 mins spare!!

S

Sigma UK

Been watching these vids all week. Got my 3c2m yesterday and will post a review when I get to use it. However, I would like to say that the manual that comes with the cutter is not worth looking at. These vids are a must if you want to learn how to put the machine together and operate it. Saying that, the demonstrator on the vid does an annoying thing where he 'pull' scribes the tile first (about 5-10mm scribe), then he 'push' scribes it. Then he does some fancy trickery to knock the breaker bar into and out of breaker mode. There is a slower version of the video available for people that have 10 mins spare!!

Hello Sean,

With regards to the scoring back first on the tile this is what you are advised to do on all manual tile cutters regardless of the brand. When I started years ago the demonstrator with the Spanish brand always started about 10mm on the tile then pull back then score foward all the way then a little extra 10mm score again at the end of the tile. I did ask why this was the case and they told me that sometimes you can miss score at the start of the tile and then again at the end if there is not enough pressure. This then causes the tile to ping or veered of at the end. I know we have all seen that before. Another thing is the breaking of the tile. You are not really meant to hold the handle down breaking the tile as it builds up too much pressure but simply tap the end of the handle. Hope all that makes sense. I might do a short video if you want me to?.

G

Gazzer

I agree with the above although I rarely find it needed. Usually a score and slight pressure to cleanly break the majority of tiles.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sigma, I'm so glad I mentioned it then. I thought that the tiler was Italian and he was showing off!! I have never seen any other tiler do this, but I will use this technique from now on. If I had known this a few days ago I would not have splashed out £361 on a Sigma and case !!! - only joking. A few mins of play with my new Sigma yesterday and I already know I will love using it. Many many thanks for the advice. Cheers Sean

S

Sigma UK

Sigma, I'm so glad I mentioned it then. I thought that the tiler was Italian and he was showing off!! I have never seen any other tiler do this, but I will use this technique from now on. If I had known this a few days ago I would not have splashed out £361 on a Sigma and case !!! - only joking. A few mins of play with my new Sigma yesterday and I already know I will love using it. Many many thanks for the advice. Cheers Sean

Ha!. I should keep quiet in the future. I'm sure after a bit of practice you will be cutting all sorts of stuff. I don't tile myself just demonstrate the machines in stores etc.. and most of the time the tilers show me what they can do and cut. I have had people cut 10mm granite, limestone trav (No filler) and all sorts?. Not sure on the finish but they seem to be happy with it.

S

Sigma UK

Score 10-15mm in the opposite direction first so that you don't miss the end of the tile. If you watch the 2nd video, you'll see the bloke do it at the beginning of every score.

That's it Bri. Also means you don't have lean over trying looking for the scoring wheel?. Which is what I did when I first got hold of one.

W

White Room

Score 10-15mm in the opposite direction first so that you don't miss the end of the tile. If you watch the 2nd video, you'll see the bloke do it at the beginning of every score.

Tend to do it that way just out of habit now...

Reply to Sigma Video in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks