Search the forum,

Discuss sigma or rubi table wet saws in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pbct69

can anyone advise me which table wet saw should I buy, a Sigma 9m6 or a rubi dw 250-nl. I have a rubi dw 200 but I want a bigger saw to cut 1 metre tiles. Just don't know what should I do?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally I'd go for the rubi,I like the fact that you control the cutting wheel rather than pushing the tile through the wheel,the sigma looks like a large plasplugs wet cutter :)
But folks rave about sigma on here (I've just got a sigma manual,it is a good cutter),then again they rave about the dewalt on here as well,I'm not that impressed with it,good cutter,but not worth the money

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have a 10 m9 . Took a bit of getting used to and like it now. It's great for repetitive cuts and mitres. But for porcelain an overhead cutter makes a cleaner cut.

K

kaharrison9

Hi there.

I had same dilemma last year between the Raimondi Pikus and the Sigma 10m9(Im sure it was this model).

Decided to go with the Pikus 85.

I don't think I even really considered the Rubi range once I looked into Raimondis.

A very well thought out cutter in every way by Italian designers top of there game.

If you look into my history (12.2.2013) I started a thread called making space for a new cutter and there are about 12 photos I took of the Pikus.

The Pikus 850 i'm sure can be juggled to cut up to 1000mm though they do the Pikus 105.

Top of the Raimondis is the Zoe range.

Colin at kwik split was by far the cheapest and even threw in the Raimondi pedalo.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi there.

I had same dilemma last year between the Raimondi Pikus and the Sigma 10m9(Im sure it was this model).

I don't think I even really considered the Rubi range once I looked into Raimondis.

A very well thought out cutter in every way by Italian designers top of there game.

If you look into my history (12.2.2013) I started a thread called making space for a new cutter and there are about 12 photos I took of the Pikus.

The Pikus 850 i'm sure can be juggled to cut up to 1000mm though they do the Pikus 105.

Colin at kwik split was by far the cheapest and even threw in the Raimondi pedalo.

This ^

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi there.

this

http://www.tilersforums.com/tilers-...-new-cutter-photos-post663417.html#post663417
pdo you use it a lot?

Last edited:
K

kaharrison9

Hi Chalker

Clicked the thread and nothing happened.

Use it for certain jobs, just set it up today as have 200m2 of 20mm random length limestone - ideal.

Have a overhead vitrex I use for smaller jobs.

Very pleased and no regrets with the Raimondi though I would liked to have seen a Sigma working.

Good cutter is the Dewalt but personally I feel the arm gets in the way so didn't consider that

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chalker

Clicked the thread and nothing happened.

Use it for certain jobs, just set it up today as have 200m2 of 20mm random length limestone - ideal.

Have a overhead vitrex I use for smaller jobs.

Very pleased and no regrets with the Raimondi though I would liked to have seen a Sigma working.

Good cutter is the Dewalt but personally I feel the arm gets in the way so didn't consider that

working for me! Click the link then scrol to the top.

K

kaharrison9

Yes there the pictures. Cheers

I went into google chrome to get them up.

One of many things i like about it is it has quite a wide bed for accommodating big heavy tile sizes.

Does your sigma get used selectively or an everyday cutter?

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Selectively tbh. For marble and stone its amazing. But or 6x300 porcelain you have to cut from each end to stop it chipping. Whereas an overhead cutter you can line the tile up and away you go.

For cutting long tiles though its limited by what you can hold, I cut down a quartz top 2.5m long!

Reply to sigma or rubi table wet saws in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen