Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma Not Measuring Correctly in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Q

Qwerty

Hard to word the title really, but essentially here is the issue....

The measuring bar on my new sigma is 'off centre'.....see photos...

20160713_145538.jpg
20160713_145544.jpg

Basically if I put a 400mm tile on the cutter with 200mm to the left of 0 and 200mm to the right, when I score & snap, the left piece is 199mm whilst the right piece is 201mm. You get the idea.....

Question is can this be sorted or do I send it back? I flipped the bar when off of the cutter and noticed 3 Philips head screws which appears to hold the bar to the fixing plate that has the lever on to clamp it to the cutter however the whole thing appears glued together with clear glue?

Ideas please people!!!

I forgot to take photos of the underneath but will do so tomorrow

O

One Day

I suspect you've got a dud! Looks like nearly a mm off centre looking at your score line over the label there.
Contact Derek at Sigma... Don't try and adjust it yourself or you'll scupper any warranty.

(still the best cutters though!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In theory it's only 0.5mm off then. As moving it that much, would center it perfectly.

So I'm guessing it's an error, and you need to contact them, and I bet you 20 bucks they'll swap it you instantly.

W

White Room

Is there an adjustment on the locating pin on the measuring bar, sure someone sorted it with that and Bri had a locating problem to start with.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That'd make sense. As you can then keep correcting it over time.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the error from the pictures there. So your center line is actually perhaps the right side of the inner-circle in the number O....? Kinda thing?

Q

Qwerty

Yes @Dan

@whitebeam .......Yes, that is what I think the 3 screws are for underneath the measuring bar but the whole lot looks as if it has been glued together!?

Any contact details for Derek please?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the sigma's at all. But a Rubi I can usually fix or replace any part on it. Sigma's weren't around when I was messing around with tiles lol

L

LM

It depends on your model, it's the self adhesive measuring tape that's out of place, for example Art no:107125, that may need replacing, no big deal.
The adjustment on the locating pin on the measurement bar is for the angle not the measurement. :)

Reply to Sigma Not Measuring Correctly in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks