Search the forum,

Discuss Shower tray / tile gap in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just tiled my bathroom wall and done the last row around the shower tray. I wasn’t sure how much gap to leave but it ranges between 4mm and 5mm.

I have tanked the walls and used the Mapei tape also around the shower tray.

Are those size gaps ok? Looks like sealant would fill them ok but just wanted to double check before the adhesive goes off.

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I read you went a decent gap to make sure silicone can actually get in there. I re-did the biggest gap as I wasn’t happy with it but all seems to be good now. Thanks!

Reply to Shower tray / tile gap in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen