Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Shocking New build tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Olz

If its like new builds i've looked at over the last four months, (i've been house hunting and looked at loads), then it's no suprise it's rubbish, one i looked at hadent even been wiped down after grouting. I asked for some money of in one as part of the deal for NOT tiling anywhere if we bought it and told them id do it properly myself :lol:

D

Daz

If its like new builds i've looked at over the last four months, (i've been house hunting and looked at loads), then it's no suprise it's rubbish, one i looked at hadent even been wiped down after grouting. I asked for some money of in one as part of the deal for NOT tiling anywhere if we bought it and told them id do it properly myself :lol:

ROFL!
Oli, I did the exact same thing recently and they phoned me back 2 weeks later with £40k off the original price, although, I don't think the reduction was just due to me doing the tiling :lol::lol:.

W

White Room

Never seen tanking on new builds and all addy was at the bottom of the rung of materials

L

LM Ceramics

all new house build tiling is crap mostly ive worked on a few of them i very doubt that wimpey would come out i think there is only a year gurantee on the property

as oli said if you consider buying a new build then you could ask them not to tile it my old boss bought a house on persimmon homes and asked for it not to be tiled they werent pleased but end of the day it was his house

consider what people spend on new houses i think it is ridicoulus how rough everything is when the plot is being built

G

GazTech

all new house build tiling is crap mostly ive worked on a few of them i very doubt that wimpey would come out i think there is only a year gurantee on the property

as oli said if you consider buying a new build then you could ask them not to tile it my old boss bought a house on persimmon homes and asked for it not to be tiled they werent pleased but end of the day it was his house

consider what people spend on new houses i think it is ridiculous how rough everything is when the plot is being built
Welcome to Britain...you are tuned into 'Reality FM'

L

LM Ceramics

Welcome to Britain...you are tuned into 'Reality FM'

when i was on the plots into peoples houses who have just moved in the most famous saying was "I LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW HOUSE AGAIN"

one site i was on the whole block of flats flooded due to the boiler not installed correctly the flats were all done and ready for the tenants to move in then it was delayed for 2 months

G

GazTech

when i was on the plots into peoples houses who have just moved in the most famous saying was "I LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW HOUSE AGAIN"

one site i was on the whole block of flats flooded due to the boiler not installed correctly the flats were all done and ready for the tenants to move in then it was delayed for 2 months
Sad state of affairs Lee mate, although we can laugh...peoples lives are badly disrupted due to poor service and the greed of the builders...I have no sympathy when builders go bust due to mis-management...but I feel for the people left in the wake....Gaz

A

Aoife O Keeffe

Hello, just recently bought a new build, not only did the tiler defecate on my brand new front room floor due to no toilets, he messed up 3 bathrooms and our kitchen, any help is much appreciated thanks

A

Aoife O Keeffe

Hello, just recently bought a new build, not only did the tiler defecate on my brand new front room floor due to no toilets, he messed up 3 bathrooms and our kitchen, any help is much appreciated thanks

Reply to Shocking New build tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks