Search the forum,

Discuss Shocking New build tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

Ah,

What else would suggest to use in that case ?

Nige
Sorry Nige, if you have a power shower, as Dave rightly points out ( thanks Dave) it isn't suitable. Your only course of action is either rake out and use Microflex or easypoxy grout.
You could try an epoxy paint on solution....again not sure if suited to power showers, consult the manufacturer for details

N

NWB Tiling

Dave,
The grout is yellowing / off white and cracked in places.

LM,

Out of interest would the shower cubicle be tanked ?

365drills,

I;ll see if i can take some pics.

Thanks

Nige:8:

L

LM Ceramics

Dave,
The grout is yellowing / off white and cracked in places.

LM,

Out of interest would the shower cubicle be tanked ?

365drills,

I;ll see if i can take some pics.

Thanks

Nige:8:

tanked i doubt it they will use the cheapest materials going

P

penno

Get on the phone to Wimpy and get them to take a look. May be 2 years ago but you never know you may get it sorted, if the tiling is that bad then it should have been snagged, it is their fault.
Have a look at some neighbours houses, if there tiling is spot on then you have more of a case to argue as yours isn't of the same standard.

O

Olz

If its like new builds i've looked at over the last four months, (i've been house hunting and looked at loads), then it's no suprise it's rubbish, one i looked at hadent even been wiped down after grouting. I asked for some money of in one as part of the deal for NOT tiling anywhere if we bought it and told them id do it properly myself :lol:

D

Daz

If its like new builds i've looked at over the last four months, (i've been house hunting and looked at loads), then it's no suprise it's rubbish, one i looked at hadent even been wiped down after grouting. I asked for some money of in one as part of the deal for NOT tiling anywhere if we bought it and told them id do it properly myself :lol:

ROFL!
Oli, I did the exact same thing recently and they phoned me back 2 weeks later with £40k off the original price, although, I don't think the reduction was just due to me doing the tiling :lol::lol:.

W

White Room

Never seen tanking on new builds and all addy was at the bottom of the rung of materials

L

LM Ceramics

all new house build tiling is crap mostly ive worked on a few of them i very doubt that wimpey would come out i think there is only a year gurantee on the property

as oli said if you consider buying a new build then you could ask them not to tile it my old boss bought a house on persimmon homes and asked for it not to be tiled they werent pleased but end of the day it was his house

consider what people spend on new houses i think it is ridicoulus how rough everything is when the plot is being built

G

GazTech

all new house build tiling is crap mostly ive worked on a few of them i very doubt that wimpey would come out i think there is only a year gurantee on the property

as oli said if you consider buying a new build then you could ask them not to tile it my old boss bought a house on persimmon homes and asked for it not to be tiled they werent pleased but end of the day it was his house

consider what people spend on new houses i think it is ridiculous how rough everything is when the plot is being built
Welcome to Britain...you are tuned into 'Reality FM'

Reply to Shocking New build tiling. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen