Search the forum,

Discuss Setting up a tiling business at 28? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

RMc91

-
Reaction score
i am currently in the process of leaving the Royal Navy and I am very interested in learning to tile and setting up my own business eventually... only problem is, I am 28 so don’t know if I am too old to learn a new trade. Tiling interests me because I feel I have good attention to detail and like working with my hands, could anyone give me any advice on wether or not I should go for it and if it is a good business to get into? Thanks.

RMc91

-
Reaction score
Thanks, would an 8 week course be enough time for me to be able to jump straight in at the deep end? Also, I know it’s not about the money, but could I make a comfortable living from it? How much could I roughly earn in the north of England ?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There’s a thread on here about earnings, should make for good reading.

RMc91

-
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll have a look
[automerge]1578518990[/automerge]
I was knocking 40 when I got into it. 😥
Hope for me yet then 😂
[automerge]1578519380[/automerge]
I can’t find it mate, do you have a link ?
[automerge]1578520958[/automerge]
As for start up costs and overheads, how much will I need to set up ?

Last edited:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Reply to Setting up a tiling business at 28? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen