Search the forum,

Discuss Setting Out, What Would You Do? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Ok, so as there has been a few threads on setting out, I'd like to add a quick one.
I'm curious to know how you would tackle this.

So this is it, the last task on the bookmatch project.
It consists of a small winding staircase of 4 treads, but it's not without its problems.
Firstly I'm extremely restricted on materials, both in quantity and design.
2 of the treads exceed the size of the tile in all directions.
So the challenge is to fit the treads and risers with minimum joints and obviously it needs to bookmatch!
All the dimensions are written on the treads and if you expand the image they can be clearly read.
Bottom tread on left you will see a time drawn with 2 very important dimensions on it.
Corner to corner and the maximum amount of useable tile if cut on this axis, and obviously the format size is 1200 X 600.
I have enough plain white to tile the top two risers and one tread, so that's sorted.
I'm then left with 3 more pieces to use
B1
B2
B3
And would prefer to use only 2! :D Cos I could really do with using the third tile on the landing below, like I said, materials are at a premium and I can't afford to waste one single centimetre.
First image is the staircase, next images are of the available pieces.
Thanks guys,
Oh and by the way, I start cutting tonight! Haha

Ooops forgot to add, along back wall there is a line, this is the cut that continues in from hallway and is 85mm wide.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

And @GaryTheTiler, I'm 99% sure what you would suggest Gary, so no clues please! Haha
Cheers mate.

O

Old Mod

It might be worth adding I have some scrap pieces left that may be useable buy I'm certainly not sure at this point what they would be, but there are some extra pieces available to take up the shortfall.
I just don't know yet if they're compatible. :confused:

Reply to Setting Out, What Would You Do? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen