Search the forum,

Discuss Setting out to tile a splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

john56897452

As the title. I have my daughters kitchen splashback to tile.

In the examples Ive seen the worktops seem to be taken as level and full tiles (metro) form the bottom layer.

My question is how do you address if the worktop is not level? Do you mark a line about half a metro up and cut the bottom layer to suit. This would look a bit strange - or have a off level top layer of tiles, this would be a nightmare addressing corner cuts to the kitchen window recess?

What do the experts do?

Cheers

John.

J

john56897452

Thanks for the replies,

Can't practically level the worktop, has cutouts for hob etc and solidly fitted for gas connection . Quickly put a level on it is out, not gone into detail yet as only a fleeting visit. Maybe overthinking it.

Thanks again

John.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't overthink it, as your only going 4 or 5 tiles high the work top being slightly out will make little difference...... better to tile by eye and follow the woktop than putting a spirt level on every tile.

Reply to Setting out to tile a splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen